Saturday, March 16, 2013

Five Things

The name of the game this weekend: relax with Ingrid. Dan is gearing up for his printmaking convention and is working around the clock (from one procrastinator to another, I totally get it). Ingrid and I are enjoying making grilled cheeses, watching movies and getting excited for homemade Skinny Shamrock Shakes tomorrow (Ingrid's totally into avocados in shakes. Or, she will be.)

Here are a few things that made the week sweet:

Ingrid loved creating little "burritos" out of these Buffalo Chicken Lettuce Wraps.

Buffalo Chicken Wrap Ingredients
photo and recipe via 

I recently read that sipping on sweet, rich tasting tea can help curb cravings so, I picked up some Red Velvet Chocolate Tea. I find that it's best WITH a little sweet treat.



Folding laundry with a toddler leads to excessive, unnecessary, fashion-forward, adorable layering.



Good Reads is a great site. At first, I was a little hesitant to sign up for (another!) online account. Seriously, is there really a need to track my thoughts on BossyPants? But, I've found that it's great for keeping track of book recommendations. So often, I'll be talking to family and friends about books they enjoyed, make a mental note to remember (or jot it down on some random post-it) and then forget about it 10 minutes later. I'm excited to read Tell the Wolves I'm Home. After finishing Run Like a Mother - which has connected me to a new running online community and honestly, helped motivate me to run...sometimes.  
via
Last weekend, Dan and I went to Milford Hills Hunt Club with friends. It was my first time at a gun range - I had only previously shot a gun in my friend's backyard (welcome to Wisconsin folks). Things started to look up after I adjusted the ear protection and stopped crying about the noise. You need to pull your ear up and really jam those ear plugs in - who knew? Probably everyone but me.

Anyways. It was a little scary to load, hold, aim and shoot a gun. And it was also exhilarating. I felt a little silly about how scared I was to load the gun. At one point, Dan had to remind me that nothing would happen until I pull the trigger. Still, the experience was overwhelming and I was happy to end the day with some cocktails and surprisingly delicious appetizers.



That's the week: skinny recipes, tea, Ingrid in a sports bra, books and guns. Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...