Friday, March 1, 2013

Five Things

This week has been a little hectic. We're all getting over colds, the weather has typical Wisconin-in-February weather but, it's added to drive times and forced plans to be cancelled.

In an attempt to maintain some normalcy, I'm back on caffeine (ok, and sweets) and started running again. I guess I could just sit on the couch, hungry, but something about balancing cookies with a run makes me feel more...balanced. Whatever it takes to feel sane.

Here are Five Things that made this week extra sweet:

1. Quotes: 
Is liking quotes a "mom" thing? I'm asking this because up until two years ago, I had a tendency to roll my eyes at quotes. Apparently I wasn't inspired by "words" back then...I don't know. Lately, I've been moved by that wonderful phrase in Love You Forever; "I'll love you forever, I'll like you for always, as long as I'm living, my baby you'll be." 

Remember this little gem:


Cameron Diaz? Anyone?

2. Yoga Gear 
A really unique and completely interesting goal of mine is to lose weight. When I hit my next mini-goal, I'm treating myself to a pair of inappropriately expensive yoga leggings. I have my eye on the Irezumi Japanese Pilates Leggings. Amazing, right?

via
3. MyAgenda/Mom Agenda: 
Do you know when you buy a planner for the year and think, "I wish it had __________ (a place for workouts, notes, basically a place to jot down stuff that actually doesn't have to get done, but it would be nice to be corralled into some sort of notebook). As in, "Don't forget to tape Top Chef." You know, super important stuff. Well, this planner has thought of most of those scenarios and I love it.

P.S. Take that Josie!

4. Rethinking Celebrations: 
Right now, plans to celebrate Ingrid's birthday are looking a little bleak. Dan's work is piling up, we have a weekend getaway planned and well, life is getting in the way. I'm trying to find some sort of creative, meaningful, cheap and thoughtful way to celebrate. While on Pinterest, I thought this doughnut cake looked easy, whimsical, cheap and fun.

Wait? Are doughnuts ever whimsical?


They are today my friends! I laughed so hard when I clicked over to this "recipe" to learn that it was an actual recipe for doughnuts and icing. I'm comfortable admitting to you that I envisioned a stack of doughnuts (fancy ones, not from the gas station) with two candles.

5. Conversations with Ingrid:
Here are some of my favorites from this week:

Me: What did you do at school today?
Ingrid: Play bunnies. Mama bunny. Hop hop. Orange Room.

Me: Do you want to eat pasta?
Ingrid: No, I don't.
Me: Soup?
Ingrid: Puff HOUSE. Peek-a-boo. Nigh-night.

Me: What do you want for breakfast?
Ingrid: Shoe-gurt.

That would be yogurt. Why do I even ask?

Happy First Day of March! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...