Monday, March 4, 2013

Weekend Recap: Comfort Zone, Kid Zone

Happy Monday! So, we have another snow storm coming up this week. Maybe it's because I'm back on caffeine, but I really don't have a strong opinion about this weather. We live in Wisconsin, it snows. Perhaps I'll even dust off the cross-country skis and enjoy the weather! Mmm, I have my money on leaving the skis in the attic and warming up to some hot chocolate.

Side Bar: How do you give your toddler hot chocolate? Because Dan and I just give just give it to Ingrid in a bowl with spoon. I'm assuming there's a sippy cup for hot liquids out there somewhere, I've never come across one. Ingrid really enjoys "hot chocolate soup." Which is fine, I guess. And, a little weird.

This Weekend: was relaxing. Laundry was half done. I became a fan of the lazy girl's gym workout: swimming, hot tub, sauna. Fancy! And we celebrated Dan's birthday with some classic Funfetti cupcakes and gifts that will be arriving in 3-5 business days.

Comfort Zone: Have you heard of Listen to Your Mother? It's a pretty interesting event, a national series, where moms from all walks of life share their stories in a public setting. One of my fellow bloggers at Milwaukee Moms invited us to audition and I said "Yes" before understanding what I was getting myself into. On Saturday I sat in front of two women and told them the story of how I became to be a mother. It was nerve-wracking but not terrifying. I surprised myself when I teared up and congratulated myself for getting through the speech without stumbling (too much).

I didn't expect to get so much out of the experience. The whole jist of the event is that every mother has a story to be shared and heard. It was powerful and exhilarating to just verbalize my story to strangers. 

Now, I hemmed and hawed over sharing this with you because, what if I don't get selected for the show? There are many of us auditioning for 12 spots. Honestly, I'm just excited that I had the guts to audition. 

Kid Zone: On Sunday we took Ingrid to the Betty Brinn Children's Museum (did you like my natural transition between these two events?). As Ingrid ran from exhibit to exhibit, her eyes got wider and wider. She couldn't get enough of the slides, cars and Mr. Potato Head. Oh, that Mr. Potato Head. Girl is in L-O-V-E with him! 









No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...