Tuesday, January 8, 2013

{Not ready to} Embrace 2013

2013 is here and I'm a little baffled at my lack of enthusiasm. Typically, I am invigorated by a New Year. In the past, I have set reasonable resolutions and embraced the idea of a fresh start. Not so in 2013. I've been searching for ideas as to why.

Ingrid will be two this year. I'm excited to continue to grow with her - to start new family holiday traditions (starting with my new favorite, Valentine's Day), plan her second birthday party, take her to swimming lessons, catch her at the bottom of the slide and have her by my side in the kitchen.

Dan will graduate school in May. His business continues to grow and I'm thrilled for him to finish school and have more time to focus on his art and his family.

I'm feeling good about my new job and I'm grateful for the shift in work-life balance that I was desperately craving. We're on the hunt for a house. A search for a home to call our own. That's pretty exciting - so, why the grumpy 'tude?

Perhaps because a new year signifies a new start which translates to change - and I'm craving a stable routine.

That's my resolution - to create a sense of normalcy and routine. To stop whining about the constant that is change. To do what I can to bring balance and stability to our days - even if that mean enacting something lame like Meatless Mondays (or Crockpot Tuesdays?).

Are you with me that the above resolution sucks? Me too. I'll keep working on that and let you know if anything progresses.

In other less-depressing news, I was inspired yesterday by this quote that one of my friends sent in a card. It touched me deeply and left me with a spring in my step (as you can tell by the tone of this post - it's needed) - I hope it does the same for you.

Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to manifest the glory that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others. 

- Marianne Williamson  
 
I love every word of this quote and ope to bring you more uplifting thoughts in the coming months that make up this wonderful year.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...