Sunday, November 11, 2012

Thankful Tree

Last November, I shared what I was thankful for with a good old-fashioned A to Z list. I had a great time compiling, writing and sharing this comprehensive list.

This year, I wanted to start a family tradition around the idea of giving thanks, but didn't want the effort to be complicated or feel forced. I stumbled upon the idea of a homemade Thankful Tree - to take a few moments to write down what we are thankful for that day on a little card and hang it on a tree. Simple, painless and fast.

After finding these cute, free printable tags, the rest was easy.

photo via 

We gathered branches during our weekly Sunday morning and during an episode of Fashion Police, I assembled our Thankful Tree with minimal effort and a little twine:

Before

Free printable tags

After 

Although Ingrid will express thanks when you give her a chunk of cheese, she doesn't understand the true meaning of gratitude but, I know she'll love gazing at this new little addition to the living room (and will want to play with the tags). I'm hopeful this will morph into an annual family tradition where we can all participate.

Dan humored me and filled out a tag for Cell Phone Service, My Friends and Breakfast. I shared my thanks for Harper, Yoga, Ingrid's Laugh and of course, to all Veterans everywhere for their service and sacrifice - including Dan, my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...