Saturday, November 10, 2012

Salad with Pasta?


Have you ever noticed when people hear an odd flavor combination, they just repeat the ingredients with an inflection in their voice?

Peas in mac-n-cheese?
Raisins with cottage cheese?
Lemon tart with caramel sauce?
Hummus on pizza?

Never: "I would have never thought to replace red sauce with hummus on a pizza. Very interesting." You get my point.

I recently ate The Med Salad at Noodles and created my own version at home:

The Med Salad 
Chop veggies while the pasta cooks and you're all set. Adding chicken or steak would be great - but the pasta makes this salad feel like a meal. A delicious light yet carby meal.

This salad was the best when the noodles were slightly warm and I'll be honest with you - I think that dressing looks wonderful, but I didn't want to go through the hassle of making my own dressing. Instead of pulling out the food processor, I mixed equal parts Caesar dressing with a light balsamic vinaigrette (a great SkinnyGirl tip) and added a little sriracha for some kick.

It's a great salad to mix up in the fall when a salad feels too summery and you've yet to jump on the casserole bandwagon. 

via

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...