The reader told me that I had one child (ding!) had a "normal" life line (fine, I guess) and that I was the first "Earth" see had read all night.
I beamed as if I received a gold star. I didn't know what that meant to her, but I loved the sound of the phrase, "I am an Earth." She explained that I had an appreciation for nature and gravitated to flavors and textures found in nature (ding! ding!).
Let's be real though, she could have said anything semi-positive and would have reacted in the same way. After a few cocktails and phallic-shaped Jell-o Jigglers, I was all smiles.
Like most of you, I love this season. Beyond the pumpkin lattes, I love the welcomed change of pace. To slow down, read more and spend more time at home.
This fall, I'm excited to take Ingrid to the apple orchard (again):
And a few other things:
- Visit the pumpkin patch.
- Make a big decision. Carve or paint a chevron pumpkin?
- Or, I guess we could live on the wild side and do both.
- Visit the zoo.
- Sunday afternoon drives to "watch the leaves."
- What the heck, let's make a stop in Cedarburg for a decadent caramel apple while we're at it.
- Packer gatherings with friends.
- Film on the Hill.
- Bake with pumpkin and apples.
- Rather than bake an apple pie, just cut to the chase and buy an Elegant Farmer apple pie.
- Tour the Pabst Brewery and Great Lakes Distillery.
- Piece together Ingrid's Halloween costume.
- Ingrid's first trick-or-treat.
- Take a trip to the petting zoo for a hay ride.
- Celebrate our second anniversary.
- And of course, get a few pumpkin spice lattes!
Cheers (with your seasonal pumpkiny beers) and let us toast to fall!
Your turn. Share your fall favorites!