Monday, October 3, 2011

In the Kitch: Baby Shower Treats

My sister-in-law will be expecting new little baby boy in November. I am so thrilled for Ingrid to have a little cousin the same age. I'm already anticipating them giggling at family functions and teaming up around the holidays.

For her baby shower, we served up a baseball-inspired menu - and it turned out cute - not silly. At one point in the shower, I sat their with a sassy Ingrid and felt a twinge of envy. Envy for the personal freedom she doesn't even know she enjoys. You know those annoying cliches people spout at you while you're pregnant...

Enjoy your freedom! Get plenty of sleep now! You're body will be gross! Let me tell you about my horrific birth story! 

Please, go on...

Well, some of these eye-roll-inducing phrases are true. You don't enjoy the same sort of grab-my-keys-and-go freedom. Now I carry the contents of her nursery on my shoulders. Formula/breastmilk? Check. Diapers? Check. Wipes? Check. Changing pad? Check. Burp cloths? Check. Another outfit? Check. Nuk? Check. You get it.

The whole 24/7 thing really doesn't hit home until you literally go home and this person is with you 24/7.

But instead of spewing new-mom-word-vomiting on my lovely sister-in-law - I just threw together some Texas Caviar (a crowd pleaser!) and these delicious, decadent little treats:

Glittering Lemon Sandwich Cookies

Glittering Lemon Sandwich Cookies


And prego's favorite - Rice Krispie Treats!

These little glittering cookies were awesomely addicting! I didn't do the neon-pink version, but for the holidays, why not?

In just a few months I hope to be cuddling with my new nephew while noshing on this little yummy sugary bites!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...