Monday, January 17, 2011

28 Weeks - Babies 101

Last week was a preview to work-at-home life - if I ever have the chance. Due to flight cancellations, ortho appointments, OB appointments, floor varnish and car breakdowns - I was in the Brookfield office for a total of two hours and scrambled to get anything and everything accomplished from the comfort of our new shared office space. It was nice working in jammies, but Dan and I definitely prefer our own space from 9 to 5. I was constantly on the phone in my "work voice" and he was trying to "show me clips" while I was in the middle of work. Needless to say, he happily shoved me out of the apartment this morning. 

We also started our Childbirth and Parenting class last week and took a one-day breastfeeding class. I envisioned sitting at a weird uncomfortable desk and watching outdated videos with unreal couples. I was pleasantly surprised with the plush rocking chairs and giggled through outdated videos features couples in overalls with tacky manicures. For now, it's nice to actually see other pregnant woman and focus on the baby, together, for two hours a week.

Breastfeeding class was well worth our time and $15. I would like to commit to at least six months of exclusive breastfeeding. From talking with other women, it sounds like a pretty daunting task and that you're basically glued to the couch and your baby for the first eight weeks. The class gave some good "reality checks" and some "you don't say" tidbits as well. Did you know when babies are born they have a stomach the size of a marble? You don't say.

According to TheBump.com, baby Atkinson is now the size of an eggplant! His/her lungs are mature enough that, if born right now, he/she has a pretty good chance of surviving (with help from medical technology).You don't say.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...