Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Favorite Things

Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens. Bright copper kettles and warm woolen mittens. Brown paper packages tied up with strings….

These are a few of my favorite things: apples, yoga, NPR, Mad Men, national parks, flavored lattes (oh, how I miss you), fall, baked sweets, Harper, knitting, cowboy boots, Mason Jennings and cooking. Cooking simple, seasonally and healthful meals.

Food wise, bambino (or bambina) Atkinson’s favorites are limited to: grilled cheese, tomato soup, fruit, meat and Sour Patch Watermelon candy.

Giada De Laurentiis is my favorite chef to watch and envy (that cutting board! those beautiful nails! her overall amazingness!). She grew up in Italy, went to cooking school in France and I heard her husband works for Anthropologie. Seriously? If I didn’t love her so much, I’d hate her. Her approach to cooking is clean, simple, and colorful – plus, she’s never afraid to use cheese.

During my pregnancy, I average at least one grilled cheese a week. This classic combo is so comforting. It’s like a Christmas tree-scented candle or a Sunday afternoon Packer game with hot ham and rolls. Snuggle on down and enjoy a bowl of this hearty, satisfying tomato soup. Feel free to exclude the creme fraiche - it's not needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...