Wednesday, November 17, 2010

20 Weeks

One of the best weeks ever!

I was overjoyed for my friends to tie the knot and was honored to stand up in their wedding. We kicked off the weekend on Friday with spa treatments. If anyone is wondering what to get me for Christmas (besides Target gift cards and baby stuff), feel free to treat me to a prenatal massage. Ah-mazing. After the rehearsal at Gesu and dinner at Milwaukee Ale House we enjoyed cocktails with Market at Miller Time Pub and crashed in the Hilton suite. Saturday was the big event followed by dinner at the Wisconsin Club. It was hands-down the best wedding I've ever attended (besides my own - I think everyone has to think that) because of the genuine happiness expressed by the Fischers, the personal touches (our flowers were amazing!) - and the elegant-unstuffiness of the whole event.

I understand why some love being pregnant. I am starting to really enjoy it too! On Saturday I felt energetic, vibrant and was told that I had "that prego glow" (sweat?).

Basically, we all had an amazing night of good food, friendship-love and flying around the dance floor celebrating the Fischers.



Baby Atkinson update: He or she is now the size of a cantaloupe and down several ounces of amniotic fluid every day (his/her taste buds are actually working!). I'm trying to get a diverse diet too - studies have shown that after birth, babies respond best to taste they've already had via amniotic fluid. I'm predicting that he or she will have a love for cheese, soup, apples and frozen yogurt (ok, all treats...).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...