Tuesday, November 9, 2010

19 Weeks - It's a...

At 19 weeks, we had our second and final ultrasound and found out that we're having a...oh, it's a big fat surprise!

I always assumed I would know if I would be welcoming a little bambino or bambina prior to delivery - but when it comes down to it, it's all about gender specific clothing. And I'm confident that we'll cloth our baby just fine. Our grandparents figured it out, our parents figured it out - we'll do the same. There are so few surprises in life - I can't wait to hear "It's a _____" in 21 weeks!

As I learned, people do not feel the same way. "How will you dress him/her? That is going to cost you a fortune! How will you decorate the nursery!" Um, Hi, Are you new? My kid won't have a pastel room with butterflies or trucks.

People also have strong opinions about:

1. Delivery
2. Registries
2. Breast feeding vs. formula (honestly, I do too, but who am I to judge something I've never experienced)
4. Sharing your potential names
5. Names
6. Everything!


Pregnancy is overwhelming and I listen to my friends and families' opinions with an open mind - but when complete randoms insert their opinions about the list above (and everything baby related) I just want to take a nap and do the complete opposite of what they are so kindly instructing. I think people just like to hear themselves talk - I guess I'm no different. 

I'll jump off of my soapbox and share that our last ultrasound was unbelievable! I can't believe that at a mere 19 weeks, baby Atkinson looks like a baby!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...