Tuesday, January 28, 2014

11 things about me

photo from 2013 

I enjoyed the question set from The Paper Mama's 11 things about me. I love anything right now that doesn't involve the wrath that is the polar vortex. I'm doing my best not to complain - or even comment - about the weather. Distract yourself by answering these along with me, ok?

1. Are you a cat or dog person? Or, bird person?
Dog person, hands down. I've tried to like cats, including the one I lived with for a few years, but I just can't. Cats are so moody and uncertain. I have enough moods and bouts of uncertainty for one household.

2. What was your favorite food as a kid? Is it the same, or has it changed as an adult?
As a kid I loved apples and as an adult, I still love apples, grilled cheese and tomato soup. The one thing that has changed is my dislike for deviled eggs. As a kid I couldn't stand them and now, I'm a believer.

3. What is your favorite hobby?
Don't we all wish for something a little unique in the "favorite hobby" bucket? Like tornado watching or paper-making? For me, it's reading an unnecessary amount of magazines each month and pretending to knit.

4. If you HAD to move to a different state (or country) where would it be?
Montana. I fell in love with the national parks, landscape and pace of life out west.

5. Are you a winter or summer person?
Today, dealing with -20 weather, we're all wishing for summer. A season that doesn't even seem real at the moment. I choose to live in Wisconsin and take the cold with the glorious summers full of sunshine, cold beers, festivals...

6. What makes you happy?
Laughing with my family and friends and in general, Ingrid.

7. What is the weirdest question you've ever been asked?
Do you think you're actually a nice person?

Rude! And I actually do.

8. If you had to go on an adventure, with elves, dwarves, or hobbits, who would you take and why?
My friend Jamie and my sister Kirsten. They have read all of those hobbity books and would have some tricks up their sleeves.

9. You are at a rural retreat lodge somewhere deep in Wisconsin or Canada. You are approached by a taxidermist who hands you a stuffed badger and asks you to put it in your lap. What do you do next?
This is a plausible scenario. I'd nervously put the badger in my lap and confidently yell "On Wisconsin!"

10. What was your first job?
Camera operator for a local news channel? Newspaper delivery girl? One-hour photo developer? All of these jobs were short-lived and painful but, my first job was a receptionist and hair-sweeper-upper at a local salon.

11. What is your favorite utensil?
What would Shoshanna from Girls say? Well, she spelled it out for us like so:

Shoshanna: What's your favorite utensil?

Adam: My favorite untensil is... I never thought about it.

Shoshanna: Wait, seriously? That's, like, insane. Like, what if you had to pick?

Adam: I guess a fork.


Shoshanna: Okay, that is crazy. Like, why would you want cold metal prongs stabbing you in the tongue when instead you could have your food delivered into your mouth on, like, a cool, soft pillowy cloud?


Final answer: spoon.

Stay warm! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...