Like you, I'm a fan of the pumpkin spice and have managed to whip up a few pumpkiny treats to celebrate the season. Is it a celebration if there isn't sugar?
Last month I needed a mid-day pick-me-up so I walked to Starbucks with high hopes that the Tall, Extra-Hot, Non-Fat, Pumpkin Spice Latte would be all that it promised - and of course - it was. But, shelling out four-something for a coffee felt indulgent and a little silly.
Since this can't become a habit, let's make a delicious pumpkin spice latte at home, shall we?
No espresso maker? No problem, brew up some strong coffee and grab a mason jar for the milk.
Pumpkin Spice Latte
- 2 cups milk
- 2 tablespoons canned pumpkin
- 2 tablespoons sugar or simple syrup
- 2 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
- espresso or strong coffee
2. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla and pumpkin pie spice.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mason jar and shake until the mixture has doubled in size. Or, transfer the mixture into a blender and process for 10 seconds or until foamy. Or, you can simply whisk the mixture until foam appears. There are a lot of options here people.
Pour into your favorite mug, add espresso/coffee and enjoy. Enjoy the pumpkiny goodness without the buyer's remorse.
adapted from here