Wednesday, September 26, 2012

simple fall projects

As the weather gets cooler and we spend more time at home, it's time to refresh our space and add simple fall touches.

Our living room wall has been naked for about six months. It's an awkward space that needed some love. With a simple chevron painting and a few family photos, our living room wall has life once again. Ingrid loves to stand on the couch and point to Dan and of course, herself.




One of my favorite projects (read: easy, fast and cheap) is to sew Happy Day Garland. This (painfully dull) picture does not do it justice. The garland is a pop of color that just makes you smile. 






Typically, I don't like to say "As a mom" - because I always feel like the second part of that sentence sounds cliche or like an excuse.

But, as a mom - or as a human - my energy and ability to craft amazing projects peaked at the chevron painting. So, I arranged some mini pumpkins, a bowl of gourds and said good enough this is great. 






The place feels festive enough for me - and I might have the energy for a few more projects this season, but if I really get the crafting itch, I may need to give this Pumpkin Painting a try.

What about you? Any projects you would suggest? 

2 comments:

  1. I love your style! It is so unique and comfortable. What is the color on your living room wall? We are finishing our basement and I would love to use it as an accent color!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Amy! The color is really warm. Here's a close match: http://www.sherwin-williams.com/homeowners/color/find-and-explore-colors/paint-colors-by-family/SW6881-cayenne/

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...