Monday, June 18, 2012

Father's Day

Cheesy as it may sound, I dig Father's Day. I loved cooking blueberry pancakes and packing little snacks for our big day-trip to the Lakefront Festival of the Arts (see proof of attendance below). 




Dan was drawn to the printmakers. Ingrid was memorized by this: 






And although these faces would lead you to believe otherwise, 
we all had a really good day. 


My hope is that Ingrid absorbs many of Dan's good traits (including sun-squinting, see above). 
I hope she grows up to be patient, kind, and independent. With a great sense of humor.  

Watching Dan play, read and snuggle with Ingrid warms and expands my heart. 
It's such a simple, true and profound love to observe. 
I'm thankful for them both and can't wait to celebrate Dan as Dad for years to come. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...