Monday, April 16, 2012

Standing.

Last fall Ingrid and I went to the daycare bi-annual potluck for some yummy casseroles, treats and a chance to connect with staff and other parents. During the potluck, I learned that one of the kids went from wobbly-standing to walking during the course of the day. I think you know where I'm going here.

On Sunday Ingrid started to stand.




Drooly shirt, messy floor and all - this is one of my favorite pictures of Ingrid because she is so proud of herself in this moment. 

For about 20 minutes she was squatting, twirling and falling around the living room. Then, she just did it. She just stood up on her own - no props, no helping - and was pumped. 

I understand that she could take her first "real" steps while I'm at work and I'll deal with that when it happens. I'm assuming I'll be disappointed and excited. But for now, I'm cherishing these moments before she can walk and run. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...