Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Y is for Yoga.

Tonight after Ingrid went to sleep, I just felt jittery. After deciding that wine wasn't the answer, I figured a quick, 40 minute yoga DVD was what I needed.

I always feel weird doing yoga in my living room. During Downward Facing Dog, I always notice dust bunnies. Kitty inevitably creeps over to the mat. It's all very zen-like.

During the last 10 minutes, Ingrid woke up. Thankfully, she was in a cheery, bubbly mood. I decided, what the heck, let's finish this "practice" as I sat her down next to the mat and finished the last few poses. It was hilarious you guys. It meaning yoga poses. The stretching. The pink mat. The hands in the air.

It wasn't wine or yoga, I think after a mundane Monday, I needed that big cheeked little girl to literally laugh in my face while doing yoga poses half-ass in the middle of my dusty floor. That, and a large glass of wine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...