Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Note To Self - You Are No Longer Pregnant.

As I mindlessly munched on my third organic oreo a wave of food-guilt came over me and I reminded myself that I was no longer pregnant.

During my pregnancy, I gained the standard 40 pounds. I know, it sounds like a lot - but after doing some quick polling of friends and family, it's really not that uncommon. I ate what my body wanted and needed - and didn't stress too much as the scale slowly but steadily climbed. I did not subscribe to the "I'm pregnant so I can eat whatever I want" thinking - but during weeks 39-41 Ingrid, boredom, stress and tiredness ran my appetite.

Two weeks after delivering Ingrid, I dropped about 20 pounds. I was naive enough to think that the remaining 20 would be shed just as easily. Boy was I wrong. I've been at this weight before and I am so mentally motivated to lose these pounds - but my schedule and physical-state (exhausted) have been getting in the way. And so have my food choices. I didn't realize it at the time, but Dan and I got LAZY about our menu planning and food choices during my pregnancy. Add all of those together and I've inadvertently been inviting these unwanted pounds to stick around. Ugh. So, after ridding our fridge and pantry of these beasts and scheduling workouts and yoga classes - I'm now re-motivated to seriously (once again!) lose this weight.

I'm going to go back to Bethenny's 10 Rules (how I lost the weight prior to getting pregnant) - what are you go-to tips and tricks to dropping pounds?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...