Thursday, June 30, 2011

I'll use the term "race" loosely.

Back in March, I thought signing up for the Summerfest 10K race was a great idea. I thought it would be great motivation to get back into shape before my girlfriend's wedding. I thought my body would be somewhat back to normal three months after having a baby. I thought wrong.

Even while training for a half-marathon years ago, I never could "get into" running. Honest? I hate(d) it. It suuuuuuuuccccccccccccccckkkkkkkkksssssssss. I never experience "runner's high" and I have the knees of an 80 year old. Seriously, I have really painful osteoarthritis in both of my knees and had gone about five years without having any issues - until pregnancy! Earlier this month, I saw my orthopedic surgeon and I asked if pregnancy had anything to do with my knee "flare up." He reminded me that pregnancy touches EVERY system in your body - and yes, pregnancy has helped my knees sound like popcorn every time I reach down to scoop up Ingrid. Here's the other kicker - I've only been "allowed" to work out for five weeks (c-section, you rear your ugly head again). Ok, enough bitching.

I'm over the idea of running in general. I have limited time and ability to work out - and when I do, I'd much rather practice yoga, lift weights or go on multiple walks with the fam. So, I'll be using the term "race" loosely and will most likely be limping along around mile four on July 10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...