Friday, May 6, 2011

Cliches

I get it, I get it, I get it. I now understand how someone who sleeps 17 hours a day consumes all of your time. I get how parents run on minimal sleep. I get that stay-at-home moms don't just watch The View and hang out all day. I get it.

While pregnant, I heard all of the "new parent cliches" - and I'm happy to say that I've found only a few of them to be true. My house is not a disaster, I haven't missed a shower - but I am tired by 8 pm every night and I'm longing for a solo trip to the gym soon. Everyone advises you to "let the laundry pile up and not worry about the dishes." This doesn't work for me as I feel productive and comfortable in a clean house. I've stayed sane by breaking up my household tasks into chunks. Fold the laundry until Ingrid wakes up - throw her in the sling and do a load of dishes - whatever works.

Another cliche "Motherhood is the hardest job, ever." Ugh, true! At "work" everything tends to make sense and I know I'm going home with a paycheck. Now, I'm questioning every decision and saving every penny because this job pays nada. Ingrid is a great eater and a good sleeper - she's good at life. While her life is incredibly simple it's demanding, demanding, demanding. Good thing she keeps getting cuter by the day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...