Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Sitting, Waiting, Wishing.

Waiting for a baby is weird - I'm ready to be a mom and stop being pregnant. I can't plan anything or really go anywhere but trust me, I've tried all of the natural induction methods and now it's just a waiting game.

If I don't go into labor before Friday, I head back to the doctor for a non-stress test. They'll measure the fluids around the baby, check the heartbeat and movement for almost an hour and we'll discuss induction methods at that time. My goal is to not use too many unnatural methods to get the labor going - but we'll see what happens. My doctor validated my feelings of disappointment on Monday when he asked if I was ready for the baby or if everyone else calling and emailing was the true reason behind my anxiety. It's a combination of both. Dr. W reminded me that I was only a few days overdue, asked me to chill out and at least try to enjoy these last baby-free days. Easier said than done. I'll attempt to do that today and can't wait to call, email and tell everyone the good news very soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...