Wednesday, March 23, 2011

As Long As It's Healthy.

A few weeks ago, I found out that one of my best friends from college is also pregnant! I am thrilled for her and her husband and was selfishly super excited that our kids will be about six months apart. When I asked her what she was the most worried about, she said 1. Money and 2. Healthy baby. And I guess seven months later, I am definitely stressed about money (in terms of finding a job) - but the healthy baby thing I stopped worrying about (um, now I have labor to worry about...).

When we decided not to find out the sex of the baby, people would respond with: 1. Excitement (I received several high-fives from strangers...), surprised, awe. 2. Or, they would wonder "How are you going to register..." (um, like everyone else) and then say..."Well, as long as it's healthy!"

I always think, "and what if it's not..."

Ever since I found out about baby Atkinson, I've done my best to eat right, pseudo-exercise and take my vitamins - the rest is up to mother nature, God or whoever you're down with. But it's hard not to think of a multitude of things that can "go wrong" from physical challenges to social nightmares (what if he/she is one day on Intervention) - and after awhile you have to stop stressing and accept that whatever happens, will indeed happen. When my other girlfriend expressed her concerns over her 21 month old "never making friends at school" I realized that this "wake-you-up-in-the-middle-of-the-night-worry" is probably the start of the motherhood and these concerns never go away - no matter what the age. Today marks nine days until my due date - and whoever this little baby turns out  to be - then, we'll deal with it.

1 comment:

  1. So proud of you Linds! I never, ever once thought that I'd be in the shoes I am in today but I wouldn't trade it for the world :) You will be (and already are) an amazing mom!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...