Tuesday, March 1, 2011

35 Weeks

I've been taking the advice of everyone and started to take it easy this week. I enjoyed a relaxing weekend of as close to nothing as I'm comfortable with. The highlight? Catching up with two of my good friends over coffee (or over apple cider and chai tea lattes...) - it's so nice to have non-moms in my circle of friends - and we're able to discuss something besides pregnancy and motherhood. I felt more like a person this weekend than "pregnant."

Prenatal yoga has been incredibly beneficial for my mind and my body - it feels so nice to concentrate on myself and my baby at the same time. Bonus, the studio space overlooks the frozen river - it's so beautiful and calming!

This week, Dan and I met with our pediatrician - and I fell in doctor-love (ok, like) again. First she's super German (for some reason I really like that), her office had an appropriate amount of children artwork on display - enough to say "I'm friendly" but not too much to say "I love kids SO MUCH!" I also like that she was slightly judgmental of my decision to give birth at the hospital (vs. a home or birth-center birth) - she openly shared her opinions on vaccines and circumcision - then gave us recommended readings and was super flexible about nearly everything. Also, we can walk to her office (and it's between my favorite Starbucks and a really good local coffee shop...). 

Something clicked last week and I went from being "good/fine/great" with my pregnancy to "over/done/uncomfortable." I'm fine during the day, but at night it's a different story. Even the thought of sitting on my couch makes me uncomfortable - so I pretty much head off to bed around 8 p.m. every night to battle with pillows, side-laying and baby kicking. Right now, five more weeks of this sounds like an eternity...
 
Produce Update!
Baby Atkinson is now the size of a honeydew (mmmmm, honeydew....). From now on, baby's growth is mostly in the plumping up department (about five pounds now, 18 inches long) - (s)he'll put on a pound or more of baby fat before birth. Baby's hearing is totally developed (loves the Bob Marley).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...