Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Tis' the Season

There are fewer things that bring me more joy than cooking and baking. From planning to shopping to chopping to savoring - what's not to love? Tomorrow, I'll be spending the day in the kitchen, wrapping gifts while watching The Family Stone and heading over to my friend's house for dinner. I couldn't be more excited! I'll be whipping up:
  • Yet another batch of Jamie's Famous Caramel Corn 
  • Jamie's Famous(er) Veggie Pizza 
  • Mrs. Root's Famous Special K Bars 
  • Lindsay Atkinson's soon-to-be-famous Pinto Dip with Veggies
  • Martha's Tried and True Cranberry Bread and Zucchini Bread 
  • Giada's Holiday Biscotti (sans white chocolate)
  • And, these yummy-sounding Christmas-Morning Muffins
I can't wait to host Christmas instead of bringing the random salty appetizers and sweet desserts! Has anyone else felt "blah" this Christmas? Don't get me wrong, I love the music, the so-bad-they're-good TV movies, the lights, the shopping - everything about this season - but year after year the holidays just seem to be on auto-pilot. There's nothing to get excited about! It's our first Christmas as a married couple - and we decided to forgo gifts and pick up a leash for Harper. Romantic! Next year should be a whole other story!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...