Monday, January 23, 2012

{Local} Blog Lovin'

To be honest with you, I wasn't really into the whole blog thing a year ago. I didn't understand why people would want to read about other people's lives - especially people they didn't know. Then, my friend (another non-blog reader) introduced me to All & Sundry. This crass Washington mom of two is funny and real. There went my blog virginity. I was looking for other blogs to follow, but found that I didn't want to fully commit (aka "follow"). Was I a blog-monogamist? Could I devote additional minutes of my day to *gasp* other blogs?

Then, via Design Sponge, I found Cream City and Sugar. This girl has a realistic pulse on Milwaukee-happenings and gives you the "in" on events and accessible style without being stuffy. Have you ever wondered who created that mural on Water Street? Me too. She figured it out for us here.  

I had a taste of the blog world and wanted more. Here are some of my current faves:


Last, Haute Apple Pie. As I was reading a few posts I was compelled to click Older Posts. And again. And then, oh yeah, back to The Good Wife. Then, I finally read about the writers and learned they were Wisconsinites. I knew I liked their style! Read this for do-able seasonal Midwesterny (but not too Midwesterny) recipes.

From a monogamist to a blog-reading hussy, I'm a sucker for good food photography, crafty ideas and funny quick reads.

What are your blog faves? Share away!  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...