Monday, November 14, 2011

M is for Motivation and Milwaukee.

Just put on your shoes and walk out the door.

The best running advice I've ever read.

No expectations, no goal setting, no run-here-to-there-and-back. It's simple, it's doable. Wake up with Harper, put on my shoes and walk out the door. Sometimes this leads to a nice run (for my low standards and endurance level) or a walk around Humboldt Park.

The stack of too-tight jeans and pre-baby shirts are all the motivation I need.

During these runs I have such a strong appreciation for my family, my career, my everything. Appreciation that my sub-par knees allow me to run, appreciation for the time, appreciation for our wonderful park. When I run to the lakefront, appreciation for Milwaukee. It may not be the healthiest, most cultured or the cleanest - but it's so fun and a lot of people I like live here. I make no apologies, I love Milwaukee.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...