Tuesday, August 2, 2011

On Formula

Have you guys read Tina Fey's Bossypants yet? Wowsa, it's hilarious. I painfully attempt to quote this book and explain its hilarity to my friends. So, you get it - this book is funny and I love it.

In one of my favorite chapters, There's a Drunk Midget in My House, Tina writes about her daughter, breastfeeding (and coins the phrase "the Bret Michaels" to describe the side-laying breastfeeding position - hilarious and gross). And then, she addresses formula:

"Shortly thereafter, we made the switch to an all-formula diet. If you've ever opened a can of infant formula mix, then you know it smells like someone soaked old vitamins in a bucket of wet leaves, then dried them in a hot car. 


Yes, that is EXACTLY what it smells like! Appetizing, huh? And whenever I crack open the formula container, the guilt starts to set in. In an ideal world, we would give Ingrid 4 ounces of formula a day (basically, one feeding) - but some days, she's a hot mess or uninterested. Or, I want to indulge and have some cocktails.

Now that we've been in a regular routine with nursing, it seems to be easier and quicker and finally - it hit me - this stage is incredibly short and precious.

Basically, I'm over bitching about nursing, because some day soon, this will be yet another milestone/stage that we'll both outgrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...