Thursday, March 10, 2011

Dust off your Apron: Grown-Up Grilled Cheese...and a Treat

Pregnancy definitely changed my palette. I can no longer tolerate spicy foods, greek yogurt or onions. I just prefer, simple, comfort foods for now - and the star of the pregnancy-menu has been the classic grilled cheese. As a good Wisconsin girl - I don't discriminate against cheese - but come on, nothing beats sharp cheddar on a hearty, grainy (and buttery) wheat. As winter wears on and the same-old go-to winter dishes wear thin, I'm stepping out of my grilled-cheese comfort zone and will give these puppies a whirl.

Gruyere, Apple and Sage on Rye

Cheddar, Dijon Mustard, Bacon, Tomatoes, Avocado and Pepper on Sourdough

And, no surprise, my love for baked sweets has rapidly increased over the weeks. Last night, these chewy cookies hit the spot.
Soft and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies - so good out of the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...