Thursday, February 3, 2011

The Real Housewives of Milwaukee

Confession, I love Bethenny Frankel. Yes, that girl from The Real Housewives of New York. I have her book, cookbook and yoga DVD and lost 25 pounds after reading her book. Last year she got engaged, pregnant and married within a few months and I unintentionally did the same. I love her quick wit, her dirty mouth and her outlook on life. I was thrilled that she came to Milwaukee last week for a lecture/conversation and that my best friend Andrea was by my side as drunk teachers stumbled to the mic to ask her questions.

Bethenny was great, she explained her food philosophy, dished about the other housewives and previewed her new book. The real drama of the night started when the lights came up and drunk Milwaukeeians approached the mic. You know when everyone at a concert seems is giving off positive vibes? Where you can feed off of everyone's good energy? This wasn't one of those events. For some reason, everyone was glaring at one another in judgment. Ladies, you're not chatting with Andy Cohen for a Real Housewives of Milwaukee casting... Ok, I was judging all of the women who had their husbands in tow.

We were sitting on the first row of the balcony and I was inches away from one of the four mics (sign read: Normal voice, 1 inch away) and had to suffer through a dozen ladies as they stumbled up with their Skinnygirl Margaritas and asked embarrassing questions about soup and shoe size. As Bethenny gazed in my direction, I tried my best to turn my pregnant body away from the mic and non-verbally communicate "I'm not with these crazies." I'm glad we went to this "conversation" but was glad to drive away from the bitchy crowd. And now, I can't wait for her new show to air later this month, and for her book to be released (already pre-ordered on Amazon - painful!)
How is she drinking that boiling hot margarita? It was under the stage lights for at least two hours.
31 Weeks - January 27, 2010

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...