1. What did you do in 2010 that you’d never done before?
Since July, 2010 - Dan and I got engaged, I got pregnant, we moved up our wedding from April 2012 to October 30, 2010 and most recently, I learned that I’ll be out of a job after baby Atkinson arrives.
2. Did you keep your new year’s resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Yes, I resolved to lose weight (how predictable…) – and dropped 25 pounds.
For 2011, let’s get a little creative…
• Find a job that’s creatively and financially rewarding
• Continue to workout and practice yoga 4-5 days a week
• Drop all baby weight by September
• Get my braces off and paid off!
• Stay on budget and pay off our credit card
• Go camping with baby Atkinson
• Continue to stay in touch with friends and family
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Sam and Steph, to lovely little Imogen and my cousin Shawn and Sandra to Everett.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
Thank goodness, no!
5. What countries did you visit?
The Bahamas for work
6. What would you like to have in 2011 that you lacked in 2010?
7. What dates from 2010 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
July 6 – Dan proposed!
September 9 – the day I learned I was pregnant
October 30 – married the love of my life
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Losing weight. I never saw myself “smaller than a size 12” and was thrilled to drop the weight. I concurred my mind-less eating habits and saw progress on the scale.
9. What was your biggest failure?
This year was a rollercoaster – but nothing is standing out as a failure. I failed to let go. No – I continue to fail - to let go. Even with the best intentions and planning – I learned that you can’t control others and (as cliché as it sounds…) life.
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Thankfully no, I had a brief, wicked cold earlier this month and was day-dreaming of DayQuil...
11. What was the best thing you bought?
Vacations to Estes Park, Colorado for my girlfriend’s wedding in the mountains, my amazing wedding dress and various shower and wedding gifts to celebrate my three friend's weddings.
12. Where did most of your money go?
To our landlord and to my orthodontist (happy to pay this off in 2011)!
13. What did you get really excited about?
Marriage and a baby.
14. What song will always remind you of 2010?
Our wedding song! No one should mess with Bob Marley, but this rendition is so beautiful and touching.
15. Compared to this time last year, are you:
– happier or sadder? Happier.
– thinner or fatter? Thinner.
– richer or poorer? Richer.
16. What do you wish you’d done more of?
Camped around Wisconsin with Dan. Visited family more frequently. Taken more photos. Practiced yoga.
17. What do you wish you’d done less of?
Complaining, crying and talking. I have a supportive family, amazing network of friends, unbelievable husband and a cute snuggly dog. Next year, it's time to embrace all of the wonderful things in my life and practice gratitude daily.
18. How did you spend Christmas?
My Dad's side and Dan's mom's side on Christmas day in Watertown.
19. What was your favorite TV program?
Mad Men, The League and Giada at Home.
20. What were your favorite books of the year?
It’s hard to remember, but I read a lot of books by Jennifer Weiner and since September, numerous parenting and baby books.
21. What was your favorite music from this year?
As always, Dave Matthews Band live at Alpine, Amos Lee, Edward Sharpe & The Magnetic Zeros and a lot more that I can’t remember.
22. What were your favorite films of the year?
Inception, Love and Other Drugs, Youth in Revolt, Toy Story 3, Eat Pray Love, and a lot more that I can’t remember.
23. What did you do on your birthday, and how old were you?
27 - one of the most memorable birthdays ever. We went to Tracadero for bloodies and brunch, then enjoyed hours of day-drinking, a ride on the Milwaukee Pedal Tavern and finally arrived at Summerfest.
24. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
A fat savings account.
25. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2010?
Classic with a bohemian wink. I’d like to think it’s a mix of JCrew and Spool No. 72, but realistically, GapOutlet-Maternity-Chic.
26. What kept you sane?
Yoga, Harper, Dan, my girlfriends and cooking.
27. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2010.
Suck the nectar! Take time for yourself - and, let go.