Wednesday, October 13, 2010

The Beginning-ish

I’m not a great story-teller, but I do like to start from the beginning. Dan and I’s big journey began on September 9, 2010 – the day we learned we were pregnant. Until this day, we pretty much did what we want when we wanted and money was something we’d “discuss later.” Two week vacation out west, three day music festivals, organic frozen pizza (because the Pick ‘n’ Save is just so busy!) and a dog. We wanted it – we got it. We loved living together, were thrilled to be engaged, we were walkin’ on sunshine.

In five minutes, two little positive pregnancy test turned our pretty, planned life upside-down. The news of a baby was terrifying, unbelievable, amazing and exciting. As shocking as this was, we somehow smiled (through panic-stricken voices) and took our major news in stride.

Every now and then, I think I’m just dreaming or playing a part in a movie – “The Pregnant Woman – Played by Lindsay Zache” – then I realize it’s 5:30 on a Tuesday night and I can only muster up the energy to lay on the couch and watch Gossip Girl. I’m tired, I have cravings (grilled cheese and tomato soup please!) – in short, I’m seriously pregnant.

Since we learned we’ll be expecting on April 1, 2011 – we’ve notified the masses and decided to move the wedding from May 2012 (what was I thinking?) to October 30, 2010. I keep waiting to be disappointed that I’m not having “the big wedding” – but it hasn’t happened. Try to hold back your gags – but I’m so excited and thrilled to be marrying the man I love, I could care less about a big white dress (I bet you just rolled your eyes).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...